Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Interview-Drama!


On 9th of September, the drama began. Like everybody else I was also borne with the same role. But the procedure was quite different. Well, if you have read my previous post, though you haven't except for a few. And the number can be counted, I mean the number of people who read. For those who haven't, I will provide with the necessary link : Experience (un)Certainity. Hmm, really(?) you would go back to this link. I frankly think that you won't. Well anyways for the very few, I am continuing with this. And even if no-one is interested, I still would. :D .


We had two rounds of interview. One was the Technical Round(TR/ Drama Part 1) and the other Human Resource Round (HR/ Drama Part 2). There was long wait before we were to be called. So the person before me in number was getting kind of scary and nervous type. He saw me and I was not doing anything, like preparing or anything of that sort. I told him that I had lost interest and probably I might be rejected in the TR itself. Adding to this I even said that for getting rejected, I came another day dressed like a joker. This could have ended smooth and simple the previous night itself if you hadn't said anything of postponing to this very day. Dad called I said the same thing. Mom called and I repeated the same thing. I was about to attend just for an experience so that the I might know what changes I had to make in me before I attend the next interview. Well the hour came within no time. So, the Drama Part 1 began : 


Technical Round :

 As I walked towards the so designated place I had forgotten what I had to tell in the beginning and also that I was going for an interview. Lastly I convinced myself that this was an interview. And which went like this...




Interviewer: So, You are Ajay Kontham. Take you seat.

Ajay Kontham : Good afternoon Sir. (I said thank you, but it wasn't audible to me either).

Interviewer: Tell me something about yourself.

AK Sir, My name is Aja.....  I continued smoothly ... until he stopped me where I was telling about my academics...  specifically my schooling !

Interviewer:  So you know Gujarati?

AK : No Sir.

Interviewer: You can understand it.?

AK : Yes Sir, a little bit. Mostly, the people over there speak Hindi Sir.  
[ Frankly I don't a word in Gujarati except hai/hello. ]

[Long Pause! I didn't know what to do whether I had to continue my about myself or wait for another question]

Interviewer: Which place is better Gandhinagar or Visakhapatnam?

AK : Sir, My school is in Ghandinagar but I stayed in Ahmedabad.

Interviewer: (He repeated the previous question) 

AK : Ahmedabad, Sir I replied.

Interviewer: So, You are having good CGPA, I don't want to ask you any questions. I will give you a puzzle. Will you solve it.  

AK : Yes, Sir. 

Interviewer:This puzzle. (He hands over a book to me referring to a question number).
[ For a moment, sorry, moments my mind went blank. I read half of the question without realizing that I read the previous half. So I started trying to solve the question. Well actually the question was kinda tricky. And Seriously, me... under pressure... very bad combination. I got to a conclusion after trying for some ten minutes and I told the answer. Frankly, I don't know whether its the answer or not.]

AK : 60 , Sir.

Interviewer: mhmm, okay. I will give you another question. Try solving it.

AK : (Confidently, though I wasn't) Okay sir.

[ Damn, the question was not only lengthy, it was far far tricky. I wrote on the paper trying hard to solve it. I scrambled almost half of the page making rigorous movements and spoiling the page. Time was kinda running out. At least that was my feeling. If I am not wrong, I took nearly fifteen minutes. Later in the end, (to hell), I said a random answer. I don't know the answer, neither did I get anything from solving it. I just said it because the time was running out. ] 

AK : Allen sir.

Interviewer: (He looks back of the puzzle book for the answer). What did you say?

AK : Allen Sir,

Interviewer: (He looks like "? ! "). Are you sure?

AK : (Confidently, which I wasn't even in the slightest proportion) Yes SIR.

Interviewer: Thank you, You may go now. Nice talking to you. (Extends his hand for shaking).

AK : Thanks you Sir. 


Look at my stupidity. Is this even sharable ? If anyone asks me what he asked me in the TR, what am I supposed to say ! He gave me two puzzles! The previous night one of the girl whose father was there till the end told us all her questions so that we might prepare for our turn. That was an half an hour interview. She told us questions and frankly speaking I haven't heard of some of them. The person sitting to me was asking her to tell the answers and though I didn't ask; which doesn't mean I knew the answers. I gave myself a raised eyebrow sighing that the interview was pretty tough and I am sure to get eliminated. Now what happened? Puzzles ! , which I didn't answer correctly. After waiting for another three hours a list came which had the rejected people list. WOW! Mine wasn't there.  I didn't know what that he (*the interviewer saw in me). I was in for the next round. Good to know that, I convinced myself. After some time the drama part 2 also started which was like this...( don't judge me with that, I know I am kind of weird...)

Human Resource Round :

Interviewer: You are (while she was searching for my name by looking at the photo) Ajay Ko.....  This madam looked tough, I swear. She really did.

AK : Yes Ma'am. Good Afternoon.

Interviewer: Please take your seat.

AK : Thank you ma'am.

Interviewer:  What is the difference between 2G and 3G ?

AK : (What? Anyways, I knew the answer).. [ I started telling about it with all the stuff I knew.. GPRS... GSM...EDGE....2G...2.5G...2.75G...3G...3.5G... I told everything I knew, probably all mixed up. ]

Interviewer:  On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself in terms of communication and why ?

AK : Ma'am I would give myself 8 out of 10. ( and continued with the stupidest of the reason available that I could think of... and I still continued..)

Interviewer: I think you didn't get my question clearly. I said (repeated the same question..adding to it..) a person or a larger mass of people.?

AK : Ma'am, In that case also, I would give myself 8. (Hell, I thought. What did I just tell.. '8' really? really? really?) 

Interviewer: How would you justify it?

AK : [I started giving the same but a little bit modified even more lamer reply.]

Interviewer: So, as you claim yourself 8/10 in communication, I will give you a topic. Speak on it for 3 minutes.

AK : (I am so f_'d !!) Okay ma'am.

Interviewer:  The topic is "Unity in Diversity".

[ I was completely blackened. What should I say? I thought for nearly 10 seconds or so. Still nothing stuck me. She peeked at me after 10 seconds or so.]

AK : (So I started ...speaking about India .... the recent ANNA Hazare movement... then I stopped. Nothing came to my mind after that. She again looked at me sternly sort of. I was silent for sometime)

Interviewer:  What do you think you lack in yourself that you didn't give yourself 10!? (The actual question was somewhat different, but this was the meaning)

AK : [ I said something though, but she wasn't convinced. At least I knew that.]

Interviewer: What is your native place?

AK : Rajahmundry, I said.

Interviewer: Speak about it.!

AK : (What!?) Ma'am I haven't been in my hometown since my birth. So I don't know much about it.
[ What the hell was I supposed to say. I actually don't know myself what to tell which place my native place is. How was I supposed to tell about a place where I hardly stayed for 2 years. !!!! ]

Interviewer:  mhmm... Tell about your family.

AK I started speaking about my family starting from my dad... occupation... mom....till my brother.. and the so related things. 

Interviewer:  That even your friend who knows you or anyone who finds about you can tell ! What else can you apart from this ? 

AK : [ Now this is weird. I told almost everything. There was nothing left actually ! Still I told something from the previously told things. ]

Interviewer: So, which question did you prepare? 

AK : [ Actually I had this in my mind that I didn't specifically prepare for a question. I just prepared for all the basic questions equally. But you know, what I said? This was the weirdest-stupidest-lamest ever of all !! ]

               Ma'am I wanted to give spontaneous answers.

[ What the hell? Where did this come from? Man, I am ruined for sure. ]

Interviewer: Oh, you wanted to give spontaneous answers, (!!). And you give yourself 8 out of 10 in communication and can't even speak for 20 seconds! And You didn;t even tell know about your native place. Now, how am I supposed to evaluate you ?

AK : [ I could see stars, I couldn't even look into her eyes. For more than 10 seconds I thought what to tell. Finally I said ] 

                       Ask another question ma'am. 

Interviewer:  mhm, Do you know about Android?

[ Thank god, I knew about it. ]
AK : Yes, ma'am.

Interviewer: What is it? 

AK : [ I told everything I knew... about it.  ]

Interviewer: Can I use it in my phone? My phone is a Nokia. (Rest was my duty to observe...  It was Nokia C5 touch. I could at least tell that, but she didnt ask about it) !

AK : No ma'am, I replied adding that in the future there is a possibility of using  Android on Nokia ( Context changed to the farthest extent).

Interviewer:  [ Rest was the bond, in case of mismatch of documents...... etc et cetera !! ]

                Thank you, You may go.

AK : Thank you ma'am.  

I was very much sure that, I had to try my luck for the next coming companies. So, keeping that in mind, I even went to give my clothes for washing well in advance. 


PS. : If this post is in small text, I don't know what happened. Blogger-Error! (Too much editing, I guess ) Ignore it ! And If possible Ignore the POST also . Okay, Now don't make fun of me, you got it ?? 

P.PS : I still don't believe, my name is there in the list. Or may be I saw it wrong. If so, I would be the jobless guy.(!!) 

 
P.P.PS : For you information (FYI), AK= Ajay Kontham, if in case you still watch POGO !! 

6 comments:

  1. I loved the way u presented dude...u should have told that u rated 8/10 bcoz i communicate my rest of thoughts through blog :)..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vijeth : Thanks dude.
    Well the people reading my blog are very less like 1 or 2 ! So, this won't help when I have to interact with a larger number of people.
    And frankly, I didn't get the idea either.

    Next time, I am gonna say, if ever I get the chance again.

    Anyways thanks for reading and posting a comment also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. U did welll dude.. The way u expressed is awesom.. Shud hav explaind to the interviewer in the same way.. She wud hav directly made u project manager....
    AK Rox!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol :P
    Project Manager.!
    You are going far beyond expectations dude.

    What I told was nothing and so I am still confused as how they gave me a job in the first place. Project Manager is a far thing to be expected with such performance; and completely out of question also.! :D

    Anyways thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me wish I was there as a observer. Good post - funny. We all have interviews and can relate. I like the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Grayquill : Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |