Friday, May 22, 2009

IT'S PARTY TIME..!!!!

What actually is that “FRESHER’S PARTY”? A party given to the new comers of the college. We just had the same party and again the same party. You may ask, “What’s that you are telling?” Actually, we had two “Parties”. And this was to be given in the college beginning. But we have nearly completed the first year and if we wait for one more month, a new batch will be joining. What I did not understand was that why they were forcing us to attend and even calling our parents so that we can attend the party. I was totally exhausted by their extreme pressure and their begging for money and we in order to escape from that told some white lies. So I had to give the money. And so did many of my batch mates. Well let me describe my experiences in both of these one by one.


Fresher’s Episode 1:: Rosso, Visakhapatnam
That day was 8th of March. Rosso was a newly built “PUB”. Pub, what? Did I write correctly? Yes, I am precisely perfect. It was really a sophisticated pub. As I have never been to a pub, I thought of giving myself a chance to have an outlook of how actually a pub looks like. And I too know that a pub has disco lights and people enjoy by dancing but, I had never seen it practically. So here we go.

We were told that the party was from 9 am to 5pm. So myself being too punctual, after wasting a lot money (on calling my friends about their departure for the party), I arrived there at 9.30 am only to find no one there known to me. I came to know that being punctual sometimes never helps. So I went into the near by Bakery shop only to find nothing as it was opened exactly 5 minutes before....... I had been standing outside waiting for my friends...I stood there for almost an hour and a half. In the mean time one of my classmates came. But the problem with him was that he keeps on talking and that to be “RUBBISH”. His name is Viswanath. So we both were fed up and finally dared to enter the den of not actually lions but of our seniors. It was on the fourth floor. As we were entering through a “BIG SPOONGE DOOR” (I suppose it was kept to eliminate the sound) one of senior told to go inside...

It was a bit dark inside. And it should be dark only otherwise it’s not called a “PUB” which actually has disco going on around. We seated ourselves in a big leafy sofa. Ya, there were some juniors present there that to be of different section. What were these juniors doing at the time? They were being ragged. What? Exactly they were being ragged. So I just wanted to escape this spree. But unfortunately some brainless fool caught me. “How did he look?” Frankly speaking he was not looking like a “Third Year” candidate. What was the promise they made while begging for money. They told that there won’t be any type of ragging. But what’s actually happening here. Oh I am not escaping. He told me to tell, “Go near that girl in white and tell that she was looking nice” (Actually he told me in Telugu, I’m writing it in English for convenience). “BULLSHIT” DAMN IT MAN... What? I wasn’t misheard. I pleaded him that I can’t tell. He seemed to be poor in “Ragging”. He went away saying, “You are not yet developed”. I was totally relieved. And a sigh of relief. I took a drink. (Are you getting bored reading this!!)?If yes, the same was my situation there hiding from those ill-mannered seniors. And finally our classmates came. Some of them seemed sporting some tattoos on their hands and some on their faces. They had the intention to “ROCK” the people there.

Well I’m cutting this episode short or else you’ll be too bored. I was there watching everyone and their acts. Actually who was enjoying. We gave the money to have ourselves ragged or what. The seniors were enjoying to their maximum possibility. They weren’t even sparing the girls. Those people (who are called “Sir”) were totally seen with the girls and talking to them and troubling them. Now I am talking about the man’s psychology towards a woman or a girl. Every man wants to talk to girl in general. So same was the case here. What I could see was that they were troubling a girl who was the prettiest among the girls present there. I don’t know what her feelings were?? But what I sensed was that she had been pleading for a long time and at the other time feeling truly uncomfortable.

And every junior was forced into a 20x20 square shaped platform or the so-called battle ground (I named it as Battle ground), where the actual dance takes place. No one was spared. But some cleverly escaped among them was I. Some showed their talent in the field of dance. And the best one was given the “Mr. Fresher” award, a small gift. And among the girl’s only one girl danced solely and there was another girl named Jyothi Sharma who was forced to dance with a senior. The same girl I was talking earlier.

And I never knew that this would happen. There was a talk that a girl fell down. But I did not see anyone. Do you actually know why she fell down? She drank. What? The hard stuff which makes you loses yourself (hard drink). Not any delicious chocolate but the alcohol sort of a thing. This I came to know the next day in the class. So every one of the junior and senior were enjoying being ragged and ragging except me. But I was totally undisturbed by this foul essence. We eventually had our lunch which was one of the best that I had ever eaten. It seems that I actually enjoyed this only... eating, eh. That was the end.

Hey the party wasn’t actually over yet. The fourth year people came as there was also the farewell party along with the fresher’s. At this time the juniors were totally neglected after their arrival. That was it. The persons interested could stay.
And now I’m concluding the first episode. Really I did not enjoy as the sole concept was “Ragging” and it was just a Waste of time, a real a real waste of time.


Fresher’s Episode 2 :: Dolphin Hotel, Visakhapatnam

This time this was given by the second year people. There was a dispute between the second year’s G.U. (Gitam University) stream and the third years A.U. (Andhra University) stream. So I was told that these second year people are contributing their own money to give a party as a matter of prestige to their stream or section or whatever. So this also on Sunday, the 29th of March.

Now also they came to us to come saying that we don’t have to give any money. And the girl seniors also came to plead our class girls. So again I went there in spite that I knew that they would be ragging us. But with a little, little hope as a sand particle in the air (not a good comparison). I went there as being punctual to time. The same situation as the one earlier. No one came. I wandered there for almost an hour and was totally exhausted. After some time I went inside, inside the den again, only to get myself involved in the foul essence of the so called ragging. I was eventually ragged and was told to tell my SD (Self Details). I had to. I had no other chance. I wanted to keep myself away from them. But one of my friends BVR.Bharadwaj was not coming back. What I sensed was that he wanted to get himself known to the senior girls. I really hated that type of an attitude. Actually, I hate talking to girls in person, don’t know why ....anyways leave it. I was sitting there at the last to see the drama and not to indulge in any of their teasing. One senior came near me, held my hand and pushed (dragged) me on to the Dias and told me to dance. I pleaded that I don’t know any sort of dance. I stood there for almost 20 minutes. Even then I wasn’t left. I cleverly managed to escape from there and came out. I was totally relieved. I would like to write some people’s names as I want them to be remembered. Those senior girls’ names...hmm...Actually I don’t know anyone’s. But I came to know afterwards. Those names are Alekhya, Divya, Soumya etc. Not any more I know only these people’s names. The first one was truly involved in ragging. The second one will be described later. And the third one was a real shit. Some of my friends were told to propose her and she was truly engaged herself in that. Horrible. Too weird, eh!

Well as soon as I came from the Dias I again occupied the last seat along with my friends. We had our meals. And we thought of leaving but were stopped by the seniors. So we came back. And I was about to sit when a big lean spike haired black idiot told me to offer a sweet dish to one of the senior girls. Shit. I hated it. But could not escape. I had to do. So this person was Divya (I don’t know whether this name is correct or not.). And I did it. But she said she had already had one. So she refused to take. That was the first time in the last three years when I myself walked to a girl and said talked. It is sooooo horrible talking to girls. And I really really hate talking to any. That’s it. And from that moment I wasn’t at all interested in staying there. And managed to get out along with my friends.

So that was our fresher’s party. Can be described as a horrible and a well ragged one. And many of my friends had been talking of keeping this type of fresher’s party at the beginning and they say they won’t spare any one. If that was so then my attendance would not be among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |