Saturday, May 15, 2010

Passionate People...

Passion is one thing that truly describes one’s personality or rather his attitude. Passion for music or Passion for cricket or Passion for cars, etc are some which we commonly hear. Passion drives people crazy and one who gets drowned in this passion is a man straight-forwardly heading to one’s dreams or aims. But sometimes one gets trapped in the cyclone called passion but he doesn’t cry for help, nor gets he suffocated being inside their world of dreams. And there is nothing wrong in being mesmerised being drowned in the so called “Passion” as it is one which helps one decide their true self and are the building blocks for their future. One must have passion I everything he does or else he won’t be enjoying what he does. I have seen some passionate people. And this does not mean that I am not passionate. But there are some real funny passionate people. And one topic that comes under this passion heading is ‘love’. Loving isn’t a crime (I mean one should feel guilty about it). But it seems a little (actually a more) odd when it is dealt in younger age. There were some incidents which I encountered in my younger age and felt something odd at that time.



Way back in Ahmedabad, the place I liked the most of all I have visited. It was when I was in eight standard, something unusual had happened. Now when I look back at the time, I feel it was funny. Even the person involved would have felt the same now. At that time the era of pranks were quite common. So once anyone gets involved in any is sure a dead man every day. It was in the month of January, that this incident took place. A passionate lover I must say. Indeed he was. This was quite inevitable. And I think it’s worth mentioning. So the story goes like this [not a story, a reality].


I think the date was 12th January. It a jolly day like any other day at school. After the morning assembly, we headed for our class and all formalities were over including wishing the birthday kids. Yeah, we too had a birthday girl. So what happened was that the boy sitting next to me was busy fiddling with his finger [right thumb]. He was having a safety pin in his hand. I asked him whether he had some problem in his finger as we had a morning drill [marching: parade]. Actually he wanted it to keep a secret from the others, so wasn’t interested in answering back to me. I asked him again, but he did not reply. So I too stopped asking him and allowed him to carry on with his business. I kept stealing a look at him and not listening to the class. He suddenly takes out a paper and writes something on the paper. You know with what he wrote on the paper? Any guess!! That just swept me away. I was sure he was planning to do something. As he was a left-handed person, I could easily find out what he wrote secretly on the paper. I was shocked. We were in eight standard. Just in eight standard and this boy really outsmarted us in this context. As a small boy, I sure could not understand his passion and kept thinking he was foolish.




He wasn’t done with one page. He wrote almost 5-6 pages. I guess you might have known with which he wrote. In the lunch session, it was all revealed by him as he could not dare himself for the task he intended to do. He picks up a flower and started sending one after the other through a mediator. We were warning him that she may not feel good and along with that it was her birthday, so don’t spoil her birthday. But he was really stubborn. He did not leave, even after getting the negative answer. We felt sorry for the girl and got annoyed by this big boy’s foolish behaviour. I sure think you could understand what he wrote and by what he wrote. So is the end of 1st unsuccessful ‘L’-story which I had encountered. Next year she leaves the school, not because of him.




Another one happened some three years back in the high school. Actually it is a high school, but it was named Intermediate college here in Andhra Pradesh (I mean the state board). The second year of intermediate was coming to an end and the social networking just gets the required spot-light at that time. Not to mention, me too was involved in social networking. So one guy, a good friend of mine happens to meet the girl next door. (Next door means the next section). Though that section was a bit higher in rank than ours with people outsmarting one another, constantly fiddling with books and giving so many exams as well as attending classes on holidays. A lot was going with that section. But I don’t know how but a guy from my section happens to meet a girl next section through Orkut. And this deepens further when they know that their hall ticket numbers are almost near to each other. I actually didn’t know anything about it even after the Intermediate Public Exams were over. It was when we were having some extra classes for the AIEEE ant EAMCET, he happened to narrate all the things that happened in the meanwhile. I was taken aback. I didn’t expect anything of such thing from him. And moreover it was from the opposite sex. Actually, this guy wanted to expunge her off his mind because there was something that happened which I can’t tell. Then she goes off to another state (T.N.) and there the distance between them widens up. And after all these happenings there was not so much ... which was present earlier with the girl.



Nowadays I am busy watching TV day & night. And majorly which make up the day are movies and some reality shows. And the Indian Idol thing has got the required heat, as it always does from the past five years. The participants were about one hundred thousand and more but only one could become the idol. So the competition is high as it takes ones talent to new levels. And one more thing is that when they are asked about why they want to win the competition, some tell some sad stories about the struggle they are facing. And one of them claims to have left the house when he was thirteen years just for improving music and singing. Well anyways, they really have something in themselves; the passion for singing.



These were some things which I experienced in my childhood. But there’s more to come. Just wait and look around yourself, you will find them just before your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |