Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Symbian Anna 7.5 !

Back to Symbian Anna 7.5 OS for Nokia 5800 Music Xpress. :) ;) :D B-)

It might not be implied to everyone that this happens to be awesome. This is no iPhone or anything like that. Just that iPhone is out of my range presently and so are all other sleek 'n slim new trendy phones in the market. I won't be given a new phone because I already have one. The old s-u-c-k-i-n-g Nokia 5800 Music Xpress. There is lot of time till I get an iPhone or something like that. So for now, I have to bear with this old r-o-t-t-e-n phone. Earlier I said Back to Symb..... here I meant that I had updated the firmware to the Anna Os some while back but again due to deception I had to go back to the Symbian v60. 

 Some 5 months back or so, I heard of a new firmware for my phone. That was totally awesome. But the problem was that it requires flashing of the phone which means that the phone will no longer have any kind of warranty and also the software would not be original. But w-h-a-t t-h-e h-e-l-l, my phone was already sucking at its peaks. So I made a bold attempt to make it better with the new OS called as Symbian Anna. My present phone version was v52.(something). And that Anna firmware was for this version only, which I came to know later. The actual thing is that this software OS was released for other phones, but it can also be used for my phone but the phone needed to be flashed. Those Nokia people should have updated the current version to that software. It would have been better. But no. So, It took me a long time to understand the steps and download the software. Finally, I flashed my phone following the steps given in the Internet. The phone was flashed in a single attempt. If it wouldn't have flashed in the first attempt, I would have panicked with my hearts out. But, alas, the phone was updated. The new Anna OS was superb. I installed all the new applications and all other stuff. My happiness with the new OS was limited. The Nokia Ovi Suite popped a notification that there is a new software update for the phone. Without thinking, I started updating the phone. After the update was installed, I realized that the phone OS was totally changed back to the sucking Nokia symbian OS v 60.something . I was hyper angry. I couldn't think of anything. I tried flashing my phone like I did earlier. This time, the software version had changed. So, the software with which I was flashing was obsolete now. It was only valid for the previous update. D-a-r-n... D-a-m-n.! Now the result was that my phone had nothing. It wont start. I finally made up my mind and told my mom and then dad. But I kept on searching the net for some way to get it back. So, finally I did find a way to get back the sucking Nokia Symbian v60 OS. After many attempts, it did come back to the disgusting old look. There was no new update for the Symbian Anna for the new release of V60. Luckily, I found one the previous night. I downloaded it this morning and flashed once again. There were some technical difficulties in the beginning. When all was done, the phone remained white for a long time. But the new Anna 7.5 did appear again. I was later busy updating the software  applications. So, Symbian Anna is back for my Nokia 5800 Music Xpress.

P.S. : The post title was actually "K-E-W-L" which probably means cool. The internet adaptation of the same. Frankly, I couldn't think of a proper post title, so after much thought changed it to this more awkward title. Another thing that I wanted to add in this post was a photo of my phone with the new OS, but for that I have to get the DSLR Camera from my study table, then take a picture, then find the USB cable, then upload the photo into the Laptop and then upload here. Doesn't it sound like a lengthy process.?So did I thought. Whatever! Finally, I have some time to to be happy for my phone or something like that. :-|

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |