Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Oh, Wait!

So what's up ? 

Nothing much. Just the usual, the same old - Eating, Sleeping, FaceBook-ing, Blogging. Just the usual stuff.
- The reply I give most of the times these days whenever anybody asks me with slight alterations. Yeah! I have a JOB, kind of. But I haven't started working yet, well not seriously. I mean its not called working if I go to office once a week, or may be twice AND have lunch & come back. Why in the god's name do you even do that? Oh! Going for lunch, you are asking about ? Well, the company recently introduced a Tracker to keep track of all the employees coming to office. At least once a week, the ID card has to be swiped, else they would ask us to apply leave for a week. Serious S#it. Before that, I was almost away for near to a month at home chilling out, playing PC games and stuff like that.  And tomorrow they tell me come at 0900 hours. I mean come on, I wake up at somewhere near 0900 itself. And its a very long journey. I could go home in that time by flight. Seriously, No Kidding. But, you see the last minute flight prices touch the roof, I mean the sky. So, Nah! Not going home for the time being. 

Wait! Wait ! WAAAIIIT! What the Hell was all that about? 
I asked what's up ... with your blogging and stuff... not that routine chat phrase - "Yo! Wassup?" ! 

The box is nearly full, or wait was it empty all along? I don't know to which side I am on. The inside or the outside of the Box - The Thinking Box. I had reached  ETC as they started abbreviating the phrase 'End of Thinking Capacity'. It has been a long time I hit that spot and if I am not wrong I am still at the vast emptiness. 

This month January , I had started writing haiku's or lets call them shortest form of poems which hold a lot of meaning. And where were my usual people-criticizing, life-challenging(read : Life-threatening), Sad, Utterly-depressing posts , bla bla (all negativity  only please) posts? The answer to which I don't have. Or should I say, I stopped thinking or my thinking capacity reached a threshold limit and can't sustain any more. I could say that. But nevertheless I never stopped writing. 

Though, I end up making no sense at all, I still write something or the other with the intention that sometime down the lane, I might pick up and scoop the whole ground and may be you might end up reading my Book. Now, that was a serious joke. Wait! You already know? That doesn't even make a joke then. Sometimes, I have no idea what I am writing, but I still do. And that is the reason out of 160+ followers, only a handful read and well the rest are people like this - "Hey! I love your Blog. Very creative. Very informative. YAY! I am your New follower. Follow my blog too. " When I see the Follower count increase by even one number, I get a little bit excited. In the early stages of my blog, I mean the days when I was writing the nursery English, people used to write comments like the one I just mentioned. Oh! Yeah, I was excited and kept wondering "Am I really that creative? Are my blogs really that informative?" . It was after a series of similar comments that I realized the people are just excited to increase the follower count and may be earn money out of it through the page clicks may be or something like that. But for the Past one year, I am having some real loyal followers. I mean even when I warn them not to read ( which is a way to make people read - some reverse psychology ) people used to read all my no-sense posts and used to tell me that they weren't nonsense. I was inspired, then, a little bit. So, what happened now? Oh! Not that stopped inspiring me. Those people still inspire me. Its' just me not taking the advice/inspiration the right way. Or May be I just ran out of ideas. What kind of joke is that? Ran out of ideas? And you want to write a book? Yeah! Ran out of ideas. And Yeah! I want to write a Book like I want to become "BATMAN". So, you get the reality behind it, don't you? 

Clearing some things out. 
Well, there are a lot of things to clear out. For starters, my room. My room is a mess - like a total disaster. I clean up once in a while and feel happy about it for the next ten minutes and then it is again a disaster. How is that even possible? Ok, fine! Coming to the point. I write blogs because I want to write and I love writing (Now, don't you laugh :P ) . And I don't usually publicize about it anymore like I used to do like a year back - Telling each and everyone that you should write and cleverly instigating the thought to read my blog and letting them know that I Blog. But, seriously, they didn't give a 'S'uger'H'oney'I'ced'T'ea. But I was still adamant about it and pestering most people and using the reverse psychology thingy. And then I stopped. Because when they don't give a S#it, I don't either. 

Now, the problem at hand. People think I am an expert writer. Come on, Who am I kidding? I am just happy to write and I won't even qualify as a writer even. So, One guy says, How do you write that? I mean those words. I would have to refer the dictionary for each word. Ok, they said it out loud. And that's a joke, right ? I don't even know 1/60000something (Don't know the exact number of words in the oxford dictionary - So please update with the latest figure) of the words in the dictionary. And when they say like that, I don't know whether they are making fun of me or appreciating me. 

But, you see, though I am not that good of a writer, I still insist people on writing. Because when I can write something(read: Nonsense) almost every other person could write anything. It is just that they don't believe that they can, I guess. So, I tell my cousin sister who was an inch away from getting hospitalized after reading my poetry, my brother who I don't know what he does and when I ask him to suggest a topic, comes up with the topic- 'Snacks' and most of my friends. But they are still in the notion that their English is not so good. But believe me, they are better than me ( hundred folds). But still they say, Ajay, How come your English is so good? To which I am prompted to reply, You are kidding right? Big Time. So the bottom line - There are people out there and though instead of my pestering them to believe that they can write they are stuck with the notion that they just can't. But I intent to change their thinking real soon. And I am stuck with Where do I stand? Inside or outside the Box. 

The Simple Encounters.
In the first year of my Engineering, I used to stay at hostel, outside my college. So, occasionally I used to shop for biscuits and chocolates (lots of them). Indeed my room was filled with gold wafers (Cadbury DairyMilk Chocolates). And the routine was same everyday. So, what happened, after a week or so, the shopkeeper used to look at me when I was a little distant away and approaching the shop, he would simply pick up the Biscuit Packet(s) and Chocolates before I even asked them for. Yeah! I used to buy the same things everyday on the evening walk. So, I just had to Smile at him for his aptness, pay up, take my things and get back without even saying a word. 

And now, I go up to the Juice Center and the guy there get busy preparing the Juice before I tell him the flavor that I am interested in. And again Yeah! I drink the same flavor every time. I exchange a smile, pay up and I am on my way back. 

Recently, I was at a Bloggers meet. At the beginning, I was like "I don't know anybody. So, let me just make a few quick conversations with some people" and what I had forgotten was that I was at a Bloggers meet and everybody was a blogger, writing about something or the other. I mean to say, when I mention about blogs to my friends, they usually reply, What was that? Come again. And when someone asked me What do I write about? I was like dumb for a moment then realized that this was a bloggers meet. I did no prior mental preparation that I would indeed be asked about it. Not that I didn't know, but more like I forgot what I was doing there for a second except the single idea that was struck in my mind - To meet new people/ bloggers but completely forgot that I have over 8 blogs. Yeah! Lame right! EIGHT ? I was too much interested in writing that I created each blog for different purpose, though, I am not even regular on this blog at least. But I intend to. 

Keep Blogging. 
Cheers.
- Ajay Kontham [2013]

This was what I was talking about! 
Yeah, Whatev!
I better get to my bed before its too late. Oh! Wait! The hell! Whats' wrong with the time?It almost morning! I am Already LATE. Atleast I have to wake up early tomorrow. Else I am doomed, like in every possible angle. Ok! I was kidding, that doomed part.

14 comments:

  1. This post is so YOU and I love it!

    I always try to encourage, or maybe force, people to write too. And with the same thought as you, if I can do it, anyone can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.
      Glad you liked it. :)

      And I too force people, sometimes. :D

      Delete
    2. Exactlyyy what she said :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha....
      I already did Five Minutes back.

      Oh, Wait! Its messy again. :P

      Delete
    2. Nah! I will give it a pass.
      Because it gets messy again.
      Anyways, being messy is the New Neatness. :P

      Delete
  3. This is what I love about your writing. Its seems (to you, and maybe to some readers, but dont count me in that group) so abstract and distorted, but you have a flow of thoughts that just sails me through your world, at times feeling like I am Ajay :P Sort of crazy and weird, but you got the point, right?

    Sometimes, being good in English doesnt mean one can write. writing is expression, amalgamation of thoughts and words, which not many can do. But ya, those can and yet dont, you should, and I know you do encourage them :) (like my case, and you did it successfully too :))

    And you do write well (read:very well), not nonsense, because your every word does make lot of sense. Its good to see you actively started 8 blogs, but its quite a tough one to maintain that, I did try that when i stepped into this b world. But good to see you writing, daily :) And one more thing, in my opinion, sometimes its only best when you can't categorize yourself into some pre-set categories. Coz thats where you stand - being and living different. And that I guess, is the first step towards being 'best' human :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got the point. And my writing is really like that? Thanks. :)

      I try my best to encourage other people. Sometimes, I even try to force them. :P

      I have 8 blogs, bus updating them is really difficult. So, I try to update as frequently as possible.

      And Thank You, again. :)

      Delete
    2. Yup, your writing style is quite different, and fresh :) (Or maybe I am growing old? :P)

      Its good that you encourage and force. Sometimes that's the best way to bring out the goodness from them :)

      And I am not sure of other blogs, but dont ignore this one blog. You have a silent reader, who rarely opens her mouth (read comment) :P But does admire your writings :)

      Delete
    3. Why, Thank You. :)
      I don't think you are growing any old. :P

      It is one of the way. :P

      Yeah, This blog is a regular one. I almost update it everyday, if possible. And thanks for reading and (wasting your precious time :P ).

      Delete
    4. Hahaha.. maybe age is just a number :P

      And I don't waste time on reading blogs, esp yours :) rather I treasure reading thoughts that instill more thoughts :P I am might be too lazy to comment many-a-time, but then active in reading blogs that are interesting :) As I said, you write pretty good and your thoughts are fresh :) Keep going :)

      Delete
    5. Haha. :D

      I am glad you read my blogs. And thanks. :)

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |