Monday, April 1, 2013

Here, There and Everywhere.


The world is my adobe
 I sing in sanity
I dance in vanity
I pray in sanctity

Here, There and Everywhere
I see diligent people
Exploring the world
Learning their way

Hard, They work to achieve
Steady, is their path
Striving towards success
With never-ending determination.

Here, There and Everywhere
I see people in love 
Pure, Serene Devotion
Lost in their tiny-huge worlds

Happy they look, being lost 
In their beautiful sphere
For Life is such, without which
It is just a meaningless journey.

Here, There and Everywhere
I see people exploiting
Relentless plots they make
For a prize of little penny.

The mighty mindless wins
While the weak suffer in silence
Which makes this true 
'The rich becomes richer, The poor poorer.'

Here, There and Everywhere
I see the hatred in the eyes
The reasons being many
I just fail to understand the reason

I am just confused, 
Lost I contemplation
As I fail to understand
The world around me.

Now, Here, There and Everywhere
I see people like me, 
Just lost in adversity
trying to answer the unanswerable questions. 

Looking at confused myself everywhere
I find it hard to sing and dance.
Now, I pray for myself and the think-alike
For some perception of reality, of hope.


- Ajay Kontham © 2013

This is written for 'Carry on Tuesday' under the prompt 'Here, There and Everywhere'.

P.S. Though I've mentioned everywhere for some of the entities like hatred, people exploiting, I was just referring figuratively. Not everywhere you can find, but there are such people, per say. 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Life is such. The reality. If not exact, at least some part.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful poem ... loved the views you presented of this world !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more on your confused mind;) Awesome:) Love the short paragraphs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stark reality projects itself from time to time. Being contemplative to mull over the truth can sometimes throw more light on life. Loved the poem. It was soulful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thats some beautiful lines.

      I am glad you liked it.
      Thank You. :)

      Delete
  5. All of life's ways in one post! Nice one :)

    Until later,
    Keirthana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I tried to fit in one post, did I succeed ?

      Thank You, K. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yeah.

      Thanks for dropping by, Vandana. :)

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |