Monday, April 8, 2013

The Face-Palm.


I am fan of TV Series. I am more like an addict. And let me clear the air, this love towards the television series doesn't include the SOAPS. Or any of the regional shows, reality shows. Let me first start with the desi TV shows. I am sure every house would have a woman glued to the television set to see some of the SOAPS. I clearly don't understand them. I don't understand the director as well. I tried to watch once. But made a point to never to watch again. I tried telling my mom also. She wouldn't just listen to me. She would reply saying that she wants to what happened to the girl who got married at a young age, or what was happening in the Janshi ki Rani story. 

Now the director is a brilliant guy who make a living out of these never ending soaps. The logic is in showing a 5 minute show for a week. And what does it involve? The camera zooming in and out from hundred different angles and mind it when this happens there is one angry face with eyes falling out and no talking at all. Then one word, then again the process repeats. I told my mom a million times , 'See, there is no story. Just a camera from a million angles.' Oh boy, the rotating camera and the never ending zooming does hit the mind with a terrible headache. I tell my pain to my mom and she just ignores it keeping her eyes glued to the television set. 'Why would I disturb her from watching the boring soaps?' , you might ask. Come on, I wouldn't if I had some work with the TV. There is a football match on Ten Sports or to compete with the Indian soaps, there is Star World, Zee Cafe or even Comedy Central, which are far far better. I hope you agree with me, right ? 

The number of the TV shows that I watch is a pretty long list. From F.R.I.E.N.D.S. to The Game of Thrones, I have almost every show in my list. Well, except a few which are still under process of being watched and excluding the girly-shows. No offence. Some of my friends don't watch unless they get the recommendation from a hundred other people praising the show. Or there are some people who watch based on the Director. There is a friend of mine, who started watching a show based on the director. And then again he got bored or something like that and said something which was the biggest facepalm I ever got.

Before I recommended him of this new temporary obsession of his. We had a talk. 


I continued saying that there are seasons and currently the second season is playing. I think you should also watch. More over it is directed by Spielberg. And each story/episode ends in a forty five minutes max. So you don't have to wait for another day to find out what happened to the story like in the Indian Soaps. He asks me about the seasons, about what they actually met. A season has a few episodes centering on a certain propaganda.  And they are linked of course. He laughs about the concept of "Seasons". And to which he replies something like this : 


Criminal Investigation Department? The CID, the Indian version. I was like "WHAT" . Seriously, he got nothing else to compare with or what? And if you watched this show on Sony Television, you would probably know that there is nothing more hilarious than it. Even the Comedy Circus is nothing compared to it. People going on goose chase and trying to find out that the bomb placed in the most populated areas but it is placed in a park which is the deepest forest and where no one even visits. This was the second guy who compared the English Tv shows to the famous CID, (The Indian adaptation of all the foreign tv shows clubbed together).

9 comments:

  1. Lol I so agree with you about the soaps!

    And I barely watch any T.V, other than reality game shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. Someone on my side. :P

      What?Barely watch TV? Oh, Bookworm, I guess. :P
      Well, game shows are fun. :)

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha ha! Dude, you don't have any trouble in getting your dose of healthy humor with such people around you :P

    And drop that mission with your mom. It won't work how much ever you try to tell that even after an year of missing the soap, the story would not have moved much. ;)

    Until later,
    Keirthana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. You bet. :D

      And that mission is Mission Impossible. And haha, you are right. The story stays the same even after a year, or may be two years.

      Delete
  3. Yeah. Exactly. Blogging and office. And time? What is it ? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like comedy circus..mostly comedy ones are those who stays with me for a long while..daily soap operas are so boring and predictive that after 10-20 episodes you will want to jump over the writer, reap his/her head off and burn the director at stake. And for reality show never tune to MTv unless you intend to watch the same episode of roadies for 20 times till you byheart each and every line and expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too like Comedy Circus.
      Ha ha. I too have the exact same feeling. What I don't understand is how the actors have that much patience and the director who has to put the cameras in like all 720 degrees.

      The Roadies has also become obsolete these days, or years ago.

      Delete
  5. haha...Harsha is watching Tv series now?
    What did he compare with CID?
    btw just completed Burn notice all seasons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. He tried. But failed big time.
      Heard of Person of Interest .
      He compared that to CID.

      Wow. Great. :D

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |