Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cold Morning.


- A Page from my Diary 

As  I opened my eyes to the hazy sunlight that smeared through the rough tainted windows glass, I was having an urge to continue my sleep a little longer. It's cold outside and believe me, its' cold inside as well. But the warmth and the cozy bed and the fact I covered myself in layers and layers of blankets protected me from the cold winter night. 

I had to wake up. Because I got to get ready for office. It was then I realized, that the water heater in the room wasn't working. I was like what-the-hell, lets do it. I am strong enough to withstand a little cold water. I "MAN-UP" and prepare myself to do the worst mistake ever. I also tell myself that the water isn't that cold either, it is just my feeling of winter that's making me believe that its cold. I stood staring at the water from the shower as it gushed out the freaking cold water. I just stared. And stared. And stared. I reassured myself that it won't be cold. I was like making myself believe that the cold water was actually hot water and just that it was my feeling that it would be freezing cold. I was like meditating, you could say , and preparing myself.

There was a knock on the door as I was still staring at the gushing water from the shower. There were other people who were also in the need of the bathroom. So, that was it , I said to myself. I put my hand in the cold stream of water that flowed. It was like -100 deg. Celsius cold. With too much over-action, I finally jumped into the cold stream. I realized that made the gravest mistake of all. I couldn't move my hands. I was freezing. It was that cold. I managed somehow and got freshened up in a 10 sec time period. That fast. This was yesterday. Today, I decided not to do that feat anymore, or ever again. 

Contrary to what I did. 

4 comments:

  1. Getting up early in the morning is so so so difficult.. I have to get up at 6.30 and just feel happy that I don't have to get up at 6.. :) Cold water early in the morning is the worst..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess...
      6:30 ? :O Thats like midnight for me. :P
      Indeed. Believe me, there is no worse thing that could happen other than that.

      Delete
  2. Dude, you take bath with hot water during winter in Bangalore or don't take bath at all until you get that hot water!

    You must be really going crazy to think of taking bath in Bangalore in this weather!!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |