Thursday, December 12, 2013

Music.


What would happen to the world if there was no air to breathe, no water to drink, no food to eat? Well, we have succeeded in acquiring the basic necessities of life . So, when I say Music is also a part of it, will you agree? 

"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."
- Elvis Presley 

It might sound lame, but believe me music helps a lot, in ways one can't even imagine. It is not just an altercation of sound, but an expression. An expression which has a meaning buried deep in it, a feeling which we can't say, an expression we can't describe. I am sure there are a lot of people who might agree with what I said. 


Music is something that rejuvenates the soul. The other day when I asked a friend to listen to a song which directly hit my soul, he did not take it the same way. When I say it hit my soul, I mean to say that the song tells about the exact state of my mind. Even though we are feeling sad, disappointed or whatever, music is a form of expression that redecorates the whole meaning of sadness in a much beautiful way. And this doesn't mean that everyone has to understand the musician's expression. It is usually understood by the like of the people who are dealing with the same state of mind. And believe me this really helps. When one feels down and listens to a music depicting the same state of mind and ending with a positive note, inspiring in a way. This changes the mindset of a sad/disappointed person. Not only for them but also for everyone. It gives a little insight of what's outside the box

It drifts into a world apart from this world, helping you escape the atrocities of this world and makes you wander in places unknown, not experienced , not explored. It lets you forget the 'you' for a moment and lets you understand you in a different perspective. I saw a few quotes somewhere and this would summarize what I just told.

"Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music"
- Jimi Hendrix

"Music in the soul can be heard by the universe"
- Lao Tzu

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
- Bob Marley

_______________________________________________________________

This post is written for Write Tribe's Festival of words Day-4 prompt 'Music' as a part of "The Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th – 14th December 2013". 

6 comments:

  1. Adding one more, "Music needs no language."

    I remember listening to a french track and playing it endlessly on a loop. Till date I don't know what the lyrics meant. It was just beautiful music :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. You are right.

      I remember listening to a Spanish sing and playing it on loop.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes when you are happy and you listen to a song and listen to it again when you are sad it cheers you up a bit. I have many many happy songs and music really helps healing all kinds of wounds :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking along the same lines yesterday evening when I was travelling home on the bus; the way music just takes us in our own worlds, and also how each composition can open up new portals in thoughts and moods and emotions. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |