Sunday, January 19, 2014

4. The 19th of January.


The idea was to wake up early. Strike that. I idea was to not to sleep and continue writing whatever that I was writing. The one thing is that I feel like I get into a dumb-area zone  : A safe zone where no matter what one just can't think straight and even if they are thinking straight , wait that is still dumb thoughts. So, the point is that I am not able to write anything even if I wanted to when I am at my room. That's why I am taking my laptop where ever possible and plugging my earphones in to silence the whole world. It is not an ideal work, but still better than what I could muster up sitting in my room. 

So, it's 19th of January. The day when my dad was born. So, Many many happy returns of the day, dad. Stay blessed. I don't say this often, but you are the best. And well, it is my birthday as well. Right. Self Publicizing. Happy birthday to me. And well thanks Siva Karthik and Keirthana for the wishes. I actually was surprised when SK called me and wished me. He came to know by my blog. See, the perks of reading my blog. And as for K, madam, the day is not important. Please let me know your availability and I will make sure to give you a treat. Believe me, I will. So, the ball is in your court. You say the date, I give the treat. This is the best deal you could ever get. Okay, I will also pay for the travelling fares. 

I got a couple of wishes as well. When I say couple, it is exactly a couple per say. A friend from my class while I was in Engineering wished me. I have no idea how this person still remembers it, because I kind of forget it myself, pun intended. And another good friend who is currently studying in US also wished me. Thanks a lot guys. You still remember my birthday. Kudos to you, Bharadwaj. And a treat for you as well, whenever I get a chance to meet you. You see, it is easy to give treat because I can count on my fingers the number of people I would have to give the treat. 

Now, coming to the funny part. My roommates. I just can't help laughing, they still don't know about it. I kind of gave them a treat last year because I was trying to get some attention from people (basically from Facebook) I know that I am still remembered, so I displayed it on Facebook. I still had to give the treat, but it wasn't exciting, per say. And me? celebrating ? Not my cuppa tea. So, this time, I hid it everywhere. But, but, but not on my blog. I have told a couple times about my blog to all the people I could get hold of. But nobody seems to care about it. Well, I will end that topic there, because I don't think you will read any of this (people who I have kind of forced to read). 

Okay, I have to confess, I slept after I wrote the above para. I was trying my best to not-to-sleep but I kind of gave in when I covered myself in the cozy blanket and kept the TV in mute. Yeah, the tv was still running when I woke up the other day, I mean today, I mean on my birthday. Oh yeah, Happy Birthday to me again. So, I was like no one is going to find out, but with the hype a couple of friends I was kind of scared that people already started knowing about it. But when no one called or messaged, I was kind of sure that they don't know yet. Or so I think. 

So, this morning when I got a call from one of my friend, R , I was like Man, how? How did she know? But she didn't speak about it. Thank god. But that excitement didn't last long when a colleague of mine pinged in the Group Chat saying Happy Birthday. Man, I got tensed. I just came out of a movie and there was this message. I tried to diver the topic so that the other people in the group chat won't be able to find out about it and then snowball it. But I failed again. I had to give in again. So, now a couple of friends also know. 

Now the important thing.
Dear IQ, 
You are killing me. Its' like stuffing too much cake in my already mouthful of cake. Get the picture? A post for me!? Man, I mean Madam, you are incredible. And Thanks a lot, Like thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks a lot. Means a lot. Thanks again.
Sincerely, 
AK ( in your debt , like forever :P ) 

Dear Wanderer, 
Thanks a lot for the wishes ma'am. Means a lot. And again thanks for mentioning in IQ's post as well. 
Sincerely, 
AK (again).

Dear IHeardYou (Abhishek)
Thanks man for the WhatsApp wish. :P
Ak

Dear Nimmy, 
Thanks for wishing and well for the lovely gift as well. 
Ak

So, like this, these are the countable people I can thank for now. I am hoping to get some wishes in the rest of the day that is yet to come. But let's see. My gang still hasn't cracked it! 

By the way, friends from my office : 
Arjun bhaiya, Bhanu bhaiya (for cracking my highly encrypted code that I used to hide my  birthday . Damn you google! ) and Aakanchha for the wishes. 

Yes, this post will be as random as possible and unaligned that you might hate coming to this blog, but well I have to. And yes, I will be thanking each and everyone. I may not be writing everybody's names. Because they might not like to be mentioned unless their name is their screen name. 

And lastly, dear dear friends who are in the Whatsapp group, I created, the group of six extraordinary people. When will you get to decode that/this (day)? Are you planning some kind of surprise? Please don't. I have given enough clues. Like when I said whether you were free on the Sunday specifically. And that my dad's birthday is on 19th. I remember mentioning that I have the same date of birth but different year (of course) as my dad one time.You should have already known by now. But I still feel, you kind of know and keeping it hidden from me. Is it something I should be worried about? I told you guys to read my blog like a million times, but , well, you aren't interested in what I write, may be. That's fine. Totally fine. I won' expect (read : force) you to read something you don't want to. Let's see, if you crack it open by the end of today. 

#Birthday
#BlogADay
#365Challenge

18 comments:

  1. Hey! Just dropped here to say....HAPPY BIRTHDAY:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey,
      Thanks a lot. :)

      Just that? :P #JustKidding

      Delete
  2. Extraordinary people doesn't give ordinary wishes.... Just wait for it buddy ....😝;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Exactly.

      I feel the time has past. And that you people have in mind is kind of late, don't you think ?
      But let's see..

      Still waiting sir, the day has ended. Another ordinary day has passed.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Belated. Random and Unaligned? That's probably the beauty of this post.

    It just feels like a conversation with one self. That makes its original :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ma'am.

      Why, thank you. :)

      Yeah, I try to do that often. It's kinda my style. :P

      Delete
  4. Hey Happy Birthday buddy ... keep writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated wishes! Irony - I wished in advance and then belated but never on the day #FacePalm. Sorry, I was caught up in something else yesterday.

    Anyway, you gave in for the treat so easily. Gosh! I thought I should be extracting it out from you. Sigh! Okay we will have it when we meet up :)

    When I joined TCS, I was thinking like I could meet up with AK easily, little did I know you were in the other end of the city and I would get deputed at client location :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you.
      Hey, you are the person who wished me pre and post birthday. That's something. So, that's cool in a sense. Thanks again.

      Yeah, I actually am a treat giving person. :P so, no amount of torture in an isolated room required. :P
      Sure thing.

      Bangalore is a collection of TCS buildings. And getting the same campus is like a miracle. But it's okay. Let's see. Someday something might just turn up for it as well. :)

      Btw, thanks again.

      Delete
  6. Hey!!! My first time on the blog and the very first comment I have for you is
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    Wow you are so lazy that you dont even celebrate your own birthday... You could have atleast gone out for a dinner... if not with friends then your dad... He would have loved it...

    But you know birthday comes only once in a year (you already knew that) so it should be extra special... and not just ordinary... it must be celebrated... take it as a rule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :)
      Aren't you one lucky person ? :P

      I celebrate in solitude. So yeah, I went out. Saw a movie, had lunch abd then there was a great deal of writing. My dad is actually in different place.

      Yeah, sure. Will keep that in mind.

      Delete
  7. Mr. Perfect
    How was the surprise from extraordinary ppl 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was extraordinary, dear extraordinary people. Thanks for the cake and gift.

      Delete
  8. WAT THE HELL!!! I am late to wish u. I am sorrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy!! BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Red Handed,

      It is totally fine. The fact that you wished me makes up for everything. So, no worries.

      Thanks a lot for , My Lord .

      And please no sorry's among friends. :)

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |