Friday, May 30, 2014

Karma. Life. Money.


When people speak about karma, the only thing that comes to my mind is a sentence which reads as "Karma is a B**ch". So, I got down to thinking as to the question of Why, why is that it always is the same and that never changes. May be once upon a time, I was a victim of it. Yes, perhaps. As a matter of fact, I am, almost everyday, in some way or the other. So, how does this karma work? 

You do a good thing, you get a good thing or precisely something good happens to you. The only rule is that when you are doing a good thing, you shouldn't think of the consequences or the karma that some day later in life something good is going to happen. It's like you will break the spell if you ever were to think of it. Just like the wishes and the shooting starts. If you tell your wish to anyone, the wish becomes void. And on the contrary, if you do a bad thing, most definitely a bad thing will happen. Either you think or not, something bad is going to happen, no matter what, no matter how small is the bad. Well, now you know the full fledged meaning of karma.

I don't usually believe in any of those things. So, whenever good, umm, I don't think there is any in my account or bad, well I haven't done any harm to anyone or killed anyone or did anything that would affect them in a way or the other. So, I am cool, right ? Or so I thought. This thing called karma works in mysterious ways. One might never anticipate why or when, but when it hits you, you get hurt real bad. The damage is visible, like a scarring on the side of your face. And it hurts and it pains.

And then there is Life. Ah, Life! Biology, in precise exact words. Nah, that's too mainstream. And then there is this line I saw somewhere, that hinges in my mind which is like "Life fux us all". I am not talking about the 99.99% of the population who are perfectly safe and as like the detergents are pure and clean or whatever you call it. I am talking about the remaining. And these are the not-so-successful people. Obviously, right? Because the successful people are busy in writing famous quotes and inspiring others with their life story of struggle and whatnot. They are the rich and the fabulous. We are sitting just in awe and planning to get all their fame and money putting ourselves in their shoes and then we realize, "Oh shit, we have an assignment to submit". Some of us are weak, some of are capable and resource-less, some of us are extremely talented and happy with what we have. But then again, there is one or the other thing that life gives us, we call them lemons. When life gives you lemons, make a lemonade. I laugh involuntarily at this statement. If only life gave lemons everytime, I would have been one of the richest person making margarita's, lemonades, mojitos, whatnot. If only.

"Money doesn't buy happiness". I mean Come on!!! Who on earth said that? Well, all the rich people. Half of the rich people lust for money and they plan to earn money in whichever way possible. And the rest are hard working people. So, if these people really think that money can't buy happiness, tell them to give all their money to the homeless guy at the corner of their street and tell him to just interchange their places for a month or a year perhaps. After all he can still be happy without money. But money, isn't that what we all want? You are getting a 5 digit pay check(starting with 2) at the end of the month, people say What? Are you serious? That much only? And then they get into lecturing. Once I was lectured by a driver. I was like, Chill dude. Why are you stressing out so much? And then you can imagine when that could affect the driver, what can it do to the whole family. And even though you are earning, you can't be happy, because that money isn't freaking sufficient. *Add a billion dollars* - source unknown. I can now tell, Money can't buy happiness, but I will continue to invest and look for ways to multiply the current amount. And when you look at me, I will make this sad grin and tell "Seriously, Money can't buy happiness". 

So, in a life filled with earning money and karma, what is more important? That you stay good, respect your elders, have a decent job, do good deeds by helping the old age or donating to charitable trusts, worship god diligently, provide a good life for your family and take care of their needs. And most importantly, stay happy. Then life won't F, karma wont be a B, but money will still buy happiness. No, don't say otherwise. It pays for your kids tuition, books, clothes, FOOD, iPhones, macbooks, LEDs', 4 Wheeler, 3bed room flat, and the list goes on and on and on. 

8 comments:

  1. Happiness lies in you..nothing buy or bring it to yourself. Karma may be a bitch but to control the disaster it bring afterwards lies in your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the point. Everything is in our hands, is it not ?

      Delete
  2. Karma is a bitch only if you are ;)

    I believing in doing what I feel is right, what makes me happy and what makes the people I love happy. Karma has been good to me till now, so no complaints. She (Karma) is also my best friend, as I have seen her take on backstabbers from the front!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, agreed. :)

      You have a great friend there. :D

      Delete
  3. You had been too frank and too straight here ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember what I wrote in this post.

      But regarding your comment, well that's the point of writing, is it not ?

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |