Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"Fragile".


People are fragile. It is not exactly the people, but it is their emotions and feelings. That is fragile. It is not rocket science to understand the complexity or the anatomy of what goes around with these things. But still it is a problem nevertheless. Because not many of the people read the label on the cover "FRAGILE" written in bold just like this minus the italics. This is what makes us human, or probably not. The differences and the uniqueness that each one has are absolutely amazing because it gives us a lot to learn, despite all the odds. But above all, the emotions are the key to anything, their feelings also not to mention specifically. They play a morale role in the nature and behavior of people. It is all nice and cozy unless someone has to say something and mess up the whole equilibrium that one has been getting along with. That one stone that causes endless ripples in the water.

Recently, I had the taste of it and god, was it bitter. Now, what was in it to taste the fragility of the people's emotions or feelings, you may ask. Umm, I agree that I have a very poor choice of words, but I feel exactly the same. Consider this - Two people and after an exchange of some words, they decide to never talk to each other, like forever. And these two people are among of the few good friends that I know. Was it a misunderstanding? No. Was it a argument (simple or heated)? No. Did someone get physical? Hell no. But the idea of two girls fighting is kind of on my bucket list. (God No. I was kidding. Who has that on a bucket list? Pssstt.) But then again it wasn't one on one take down. There was only one person on the other side of the rope in one team while the other had a bunch. It wasn't fair. Not fair as in the whole idea of segregation, keep aside the problems that followed which might have acted as a catalyst leading to more distance.

So, when all this thing had already happened, the first thought I got after realizing that the ties have been broken, was to mend them. But as days progressed the ropes diminished and reached a point where was no rope left to tie or mend. It was like everyone involved was trying to find reasons to stay apart.  I wasn't sure whose fault (fault? It was no one's fault here. But it was something totally different and way above my head to even perceive or interpret) was it, or what was going on. I just knew that bla bla happened and the next thing I know, the ropes are cut, just like that, the bridge broken down and did it leave it there, no, but the bridge was set on fire. In the midst of this burning bridge, the flame caught up faster by the so called reasons. I didn't even make an attempt to put the fire out. I had no clue as of why or what was all of this was happening. I was with the impression that any trials to put the flame out would just burn it even more like gasoline on fire. As a result, I was the neutral party and still am. And this neutrality, believe me, sucks. 

Every day, I feel the inquisition to put the thought of bringing them together, but I don't know, I am just not able to take that step. It is the right thing to do, but still there seems to be too much going with the silent treatment and getting back to normal is a bit of a problem. The thing is that both stand corrected and totally firm in their decisions and the main reason being each person on the other side of the rope are just trying to finding reasons, like I mentioned earlier. So, I have no idea whether I should take the risk of building the bridge and let the water flow in the stream uninterrupted or let the broken bridge obstruct the water stream in whatever way possible and be a silent spectator.

After penning all this down, I feel like an idiot to have waited for this long and only giving more room for bridge to break down furthermore. I should have taken a stand at the very instinct and did something and if not averting, at least I could have contained it somehow, I suppose. Sometimes, it's the risk that decides the outcome rather than the thought of the consequences of the risk. There will always be consequences, but I sure as hell hope that the consequences are of the right kind. And so the wait. They say time heals the pain or whatever BS that means or whosoever said that, but I believe that by a minor percentage.

So, what should I do? Take the risk, right? Then why do I have a bad feeling about this? 

8 comments:

  1. That's entirely upto the two people, whether they want to make amends. Don't be so hard on yourself and take all the blame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know.
      But as a friend to both of them, I feel I need to do something. Am I wrong in thinking so? #curious

      Delete
  2. It was two girls right...girls.....SO STAY AWAY and remain neutral. You dont want to come between cat cold fights.
    Trust me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, two girls are kind of involved.
      Similar thoughts. And that is what I have been.

      Well, thanks for the insight. Will not get in their way.

      Delete
  3. Stay out of fights as much as you can. Being neutral is the best way to go. Believe me, you don't want to be between the devil and the deep blue sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      But being the mutual friend, I am compelled to do something. But if staying away is the best option, I wouldn't argue with that.

      Thanks, again. :)

      Delete
  4. If two people really want to be together they will be, no matter what and if they themselves don't wanna be together no 3rd person can make them stay together.lol...so many together's in a single sentence.Glad that u wanna help them out but it wud be wise if u stay out of it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you are right. But they could be together if either one of them expresses their feelings for the other right?
      haha. Yeah. :P

      Yup, I know that. Doing exactly that.

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |