Thursday, March 5, 2015

The beginning of the end.


6 years. 560 posts. 129000 pageviews. 6 years sounds like a pretty big number. But it isn't as scary as I say my age out loud. I am still in disbelief. Why, you ask? Not that it is a huge number compared to the life goal I am supposed to be doing, or partly it does matter. But this that I have survived for so long. I started writing exactly 6 years ago and I don't know how but I just loved it. I loved it so much that I started recommending to other people in my college, my cousins, my cousins friends, even left the blog url on the tissue papers and accidentally ( I mean consciously) left my blog name or the url in the places I had been to. But guess what, no one gave a damn. Seriously, no one. But I didn't care much. I loved writing and hence I continued to do so. 

Then again, I wasn't a reader either. Truth be told, I haven't read a novel or the likes of it till I hit that writer's block in writing down the lane a few months after I got into writing. Yes, I did read most of the Super Hero and all of Tintin comics and that was the last of it. My dad used to buy books, like autobiographies of famous people such a Mahatma Gandhi and Nehru, and the likes of them. He even bought the book 5 point someone, which apparently was doing good at the Crossword book store. But I was rather interested in wait, what did I do in my free time? I guess nothing. There was no internet either and that DSL internet was the shittiest thing one can ever come across, the dail up freaky tone. Anyway, lets not bring the past to the present. So, where was I? Yeah, writing and reading. I started reading because I wanted to know things, I wanted to have a different perspective on things, I wanted to know how the people's mind worked and how they saw what they saw. I followed almost every single blogger whom I came across, and tried to fit into their shoes or perhaps their mind. Believe me, all this drama did teach me a thing or two. And to add to the list, it also gave me a few good, great friends whom I might not have met but know me a far better than any other person I met(in person) along the way. So, thank you for that.

And this year. This year just doesn't feel so right. Something has been off lately. Optimism hasn't really been my strong suit. And neither has planning for something remotely turned out to be okay. So, I decided to not make plans either it is to write or read or anything as a matter of fact and do things along the way as they come to me. Turns out, that didn't work either. It just feels like I am destined to be doomed, in ways not yet known to me. I told a friend of mine, "When I make some plans, everything in the universe tries to stop it. So I decided not to make any because you know since making plans didn't work out. So not making and thinking that I didn't make any might just yield an outcome which in turns benefits me.". So, in light of all these atrocities against me, I have decided to put this blogging on hold for an indefinite time, until noted. May be, I will just start writing from some other place or with a pseudo name or a different blog. I don't know man. I don't know what to do. Anyway, I came up with this quote or whatever we call it. 

"All good things eventually end. And all bad things should have ended sooner."
- Ajay Kontham, 2015

[Analogy : The text is quoted and there is a name below it and there is a year also for reference. Thats' what we call a quote / quotation. And you are welcome for the enlightenment you recieved.]

This brings the post to the end. The end to (refer the quote and pick a choice)
And... you know what it means.

18 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me a little sad :( Six years! Congrats on completing six long years of blogging! I do hope you continue to write here from time to time. Sincerely. And if you do decide to start a new blog, I hope I get the link to that as well :) Keep writing, AJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really sorry.
      Thank You. :)

      Thats' the thing. I can't stop writing, ever. I am just trying to start afresh, something different, something that defines me, which I am not sure yet. So, I thought to put this on hold and bring about some changes.

      Delete
  2. Dz z not fare AK....u might b thinking dat I suddenly disappeared from blogosphere..but I have been secretly following only ua updates......Dz wasn't expected yaar....please change ua decision...!!
    Atleast fO ua readers...we will miss u dear...!! & if at all u start writing some where else....please don't forget to inform Me...:'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry again. You have ? Thank you so much for following me.
      Well, I will change my decision.

      I won't be stopping writing altogether. I just feel like a fresh start is in order.
      Yeah sure. Once I am back into writing, I will definitely inform you.

      And you keep writing yourself. I haven't seen your posts in a long while. Tare Care. And thank you for the nice gesture.

      Delete
  3. Correction in the first line. A zero is missing in the number of views. You don't wanna do that!
    Now when I started reading the post, I wanted to come down here and ask if I could borrow your consistency and patience, because man, 6 years is LONG time and 560 post is HUGE number. I don't know anyone in real and virtual life, who has written for 6 years non-stop without pay. Then I read your next paragraph and I got sad. Life brings us down in unexpected ways and even though I agree with you on time taking its course, I don't think you should give up on writing. After all, despite everything it was the only thing consistent in your life for six years.
    I am sure you'' find what your looking for, till then please keep writing, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks. I made to correction.

      You just placed me a tough spot. I am sorry that I might be letting you down, in some way I mean. I really am sorry. Wow, that's the best compliment I have ever received. Thank you.
      I am sorry to have made you feel sad.

      Yeah, writing has been consistent in my life and I am not abandoning it, I could never do that. I just feel like something is missing in my writing. So, I just want to take a break and learn what that really is and make amends to fill that void.

      I sure will. But please give some time till I figure out how exactly to do this.
      And

      Thank you for all the support and kind words. I really needed it. :)
      Oh btw, I am looking forward for a blog post from you.
      Take Care.

      Delete
  4. Although I am a little sad to hear that you're taking a break/going, I do know that whatever you're doing will be what's best for you. I hope writing keeps a special space inside of you :)

    Do keep us updated if you make some new blog! Take care till then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry about that.
      Thank you. Yes, it always will.

      Yeah, sure. I will.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the numbers! I do hope the break ends soon and you start writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      I am I was exaggerating a bit, but still thank you. :P

      I do hope so. :)

      Delete
  6. I hope that this is temporary and you come back soon.
    Waiting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is just temporary.
      I hope to come back soon. Thank You. :)

      I don't why, but I feel guilty.

      Delete
  7. I guess it's better to take a temporary break, but not a permanent one. We bloggers can never stay too long without writing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. You are right.
      I'm hoping to get back at writing.

      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  8. A small intermission will fill more energy afresh in your mind. So I am sure with new topics and novel ideas you will be on the track.Your fingers cannot help signing into your URL. All the best and rest the best way to come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea is to do exactly that. Hope that helps. I did start writing but I don't think the intermission was of much help since I am still lagging in getting the right words at the right time.

      Thank you. Really appreciate the gesture. :)

      Delete
  9. Turns out "the break" didn't really happen, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you can say so.
      But still I am not on track / I am not able to justify the break in right terms asI wanted to.

      But thanks for dropping by and keeping an eye. :D

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |