Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The emptiness


Hushed voices echoed into oblivion
The voices, which once spoke volumes
Which once broke the barriers
Silenced in the agony, of life.

Hope was left to scar
Thoughts were pulled into trance
Words lost their purpose
While the voices, what voices?

As the scars dug deeper,
As the expressions felt astray
As the emotions faded into apathy
Mind hushed the reminisce.

Shouted, shouted till the lungs burst
Cried, cried till there were no tears left
God collects your tears, they said
Why did he even give tears?

Light faded in the sunshine
As the sun sprang from the east
Was there even a silver lining ?
In the inane thunderstorms

Empty was the nightfalla
Stars which stopped twinkling,
Stories were left vacuous
The life, the charm that it lost.

- ak
______________________

P.S.: I haven't been writing poetry for a long time now. Hope this doesn't suck as much as I think I would. Bear with me, please. #outOfTouch #Procrastination #bloggersBlock

14 comments:

  1. P.S. It's actually very nice. Don't underestimate your writing skills, bro! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lines are very charming and so life has not lost and will not lose its charm.The charm of your life,the charm as a writer is reflected here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you. :)

      I wish I could say the same about life.

      Delete
  3. Yei. Why so much depression :/ Me no likes -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... Sorry.
      But that's how life is. 😐

      Delete
  4. it is in emptyness, we find ourselves completely..
    keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thats is the truth. :)

      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  5. I can't believe you still write! I'm not sure if you remember me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am still writing. It is like a passion, umm.. passion would be a bid world. let's just call it an interest, a medium to let out things.
      I seem to have the memory in bits, a little bit here-there, but I am not so sure. I am really sorry. Would you mind helping me out a bit, please? I would really appreciate it. I apologize again for my poor memory.

      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  6. Wowieeeee.... I am damn sure u've looted 'Words' from mere words...
    Keep writing :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you are being too generous. And thank you very much. :D

      You are just thankful for the advice I gave you to keep Zandu Balm handy. :P

      Sure. You too. :)
      Thanks for dropping by. :D

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |