Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Second Installment.


Knock knock.
"There's no door", shouted the angry voices.
Oh, hey hi. How are you doing?
...
...
...
Anyone there?

Friendship Da-what?
They usually press the "Start" button before they begin. But I had observed that he hadn't. But then I thought I was just wrong when he pressed the "Stop" button. I shold have checked then and there itself. But I was trying to save battery. My phone has an addiction problem. It just needs to be given its dose every other hour, else it would just die. The movie was fine and finally decide to check up on my fans if they were feeling alone. After all it was friendship day. The mobile data was turned on and I stared at the screen as my battery drained from 80% to 69% in a couple of minutes. No updates. This was awkward. I decide to check up on the cab bill. I had traveled quite a distance and that too on a surge, which meant I had to pay double(nearly). But the bill was okay. I didn't get more into the details for two reasons - One being saving battery, the other being booking a cab back to my place. So, I switched off the mobile. Six post cards, especially for Friendship day were on display. Yes, I bought them without giving it a second thought. I thought I will give it to my frien.. (umm wait, nevermind. I totally forgot about the no friends thing for a moment). "Write. Start writing. NOW...." were the four words that I wrote in the entire hour that I was at the coffee shop sipping the coffee while Twitter distracted me. Cab- It was reasonable in the morning, so what the hell. Surge : 2.0x.  Bill : 320/-. What was the bill in the morning? 110/- with a 1.9x surge. So, where was the difference you ask. He didn't press the Start button in the morning. Yay, Friendship Day. 

Two's a charm.
Should I or should I not ? After quite a bad taste in my mouth as how the city had treated me, I was not sure. I lazed back from office and dropped at the same coffee shop. I order my usual coffee. Two weeks ago I had planned not to spend any more bucks on a coffee, because well, there was free coffee available at office and I could have it anytime and any number of times. Anyhow, I sit back while the guy behind the desk wants to indulge me into buying a coffee cup that was a Friendship Day special and was in display for quite some time and which was the one I had it until a week ago. I knew I had to get one. So, I told him to add it to the bill as well. He was kind of happy. May be he was new to persuading someone to buy. And that Friendship Day was over, those can't be used any longer. I hit back and start clicking Snaps for Snapchat. No I wasn't chatting with anyone. But I was making a sort of Daily entry for all the days that I had been spending in Kolkata. Though I forgot to do this for a week, mostly because I couldn't see that face anymore, or perhaps I just forgot. Anyhow, they come to my table a couple of minutes after I start drinking coffee. They give me a couple of Friendship Day cards, which were more like postcards but they were cool. If you have friends it would be really great. Now, I have 3 bunched of postcards. I bought one on Friendship Day, without thinking much, not realizing that I had way too few friends ( I think I do ).

Yes, I am okay! Okay?
Trying to impress people has always been difficult. So, there is this girl. Right? There is always a girl. But then it becomes more important for one to look better and hence dress better. Sometimes the mirror lies. And in my case, the mirror is the biggest liar I had ever know. It will show me as a good looking when I look like shit. Anyhow, that's not the point. My shirt had a few creases here and there. So, I came up with a plan to wear something to cover that up, like a sweater. I didn't realize that it drew a lot of attention. I had never had so many eyes fixated at me, probably thinking what kind of a stupid I was being.I was sweating alright. I wasn't when I had started from my previous night's chilled room. Anyhow, there I was sweating and people staring at me. I had to something. So, I stared back at them. Of course they had to look away because I was giving that "What's your problem" look! But I sure as hell couldn't change their thoughts that were swirling in their mind. Finally I reach office a sort of impression to others that I was sick and still came in to office. "Are you okay? Is your health alright?", a guy asked me looking at my eyes and my sweater and then again into my eyes. "Yes, I am". "Then why are you wearing a sweater." Then I had to fabricate some story that I was feeling cold. I was sweating a couple of minutes ago. I return with an awkward expression plastered on my face. "Hey, are you feeling okay?", the guy with the loudest voice ever shouted alarming me and almost everyone in the office. I somehow managed to dodge that too. 

Sister's Logic.
"If you look at someone and they look back at you. And when you look for the second time, if they look at you again, then it means that they are into you".  He did turn a few heads. He isn't quite sure where his interests lies, what he really wants. But he got the necessary "things" which is enough to turn the heads. "I need to make at least one girlfriend before we leave from here", he says piercing his gaze into a few 'hot' chicks here and there, not sure whom to hit at. He thinks I am stupid and I know nothing what is going around. 
But he was desperate, you see. and his eyes were similar to that of a pervert, when he "checks out" the girls. I have feared that I might look exactly what he was looking like and I had discarded from the idea of even "checking" out. Thanks to his creepy looks and the resented looks of the so stared upon ladies. Though, this has made me completely invisible. Like if I crossing the road and a girl is driving, she would still find th road empty. Probably I will end up with a few broken legs.

Ain't gonna listen to you!
He sits beside me ask starts out a casual conversation. He schedules a plan and tells about what he has on his mind. He even tells me to do what he 'assumes' is right. I nodded. I nodded at his attempts to take the initiate to tell me what to do and lose the eye on the big picture. I nodded in agreement to his side of the story. I too had one, but it depended on another person. So, basically I had nothing to counter him. After  couple of hours, when the information that I was waiting for wasn't anywhere near me. And I know that they wanted to keep it that way, hidden for me for as long as possible. I have had enough and prep'd up something 'harsh' to say and not to bend to anything they were going to put forward. We discussed about this earlier, didn't we? Yes, but you said, I listened. We didn't discuss. (No, I didn't say this, but I wanted to). I put forward what I think would be ideal for me. A and B. B and A. A because you said it. A because that's what you assume is right, FOR YOU. A because there is no one else to do it. A because I have been too stupid. There was no point arguing over something that is not likely to happen. No, there isn't really. I could take it to the next level, but I don't like to make a lot of fuss about it. Yes. Me. Stupid. Go ahead, say it. 
___________________________

PS : Go on a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |