Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Big Bad Wolf.


Disclaimer : Brace for impact in T minus 60 sec.
Advice : Run away.

Sometimes the road never ends. Sometimes, there is a shortcut. Sometimes, there is no road. But a path we take, nevertheless. A necessary evil or a virtuous quest. 

What do we associate a wolf with? A cunning, vicious, self loathing, preying on others. A self centered creature. The keyword being cunning. We have a story of the red riding hood where the wolf disguises as a grandma ( yes! No questions asked ). While we were at it, there was one black sheep, the one disguised as sheep perhaps. Nevertheless, we have a wolf among us. We see them everyday, everywhere. But we can't make them stand apart because well, they blend in perfectly among us, don't they? We have no idea who is who, unless we feel that sting of pain in our back. We believed and let the belief sink in deep within us. And boy, did they enjoy every moment of the back stabbing. We never understood what it was, because well, aren't we the just and trustworthy lot. By trustworthy, I mean putting our in the good of people, however evil they might be, however devilish they plans may be. And most importantly, we wouldn't even believe if someone did say so. "No, he / she / they would never !" , we might argue and get a few teeth broken as well for the false implications. Warned, they did but did we listen? We trust. We trust too much. And how deep was the trust for that one person whom we totally believed in.

But what did you know? 
God, what did he / she / they do to us? 
God. 
God, as we know him / her / them, was the big bad wolf all along.
______________________

To be continued ? 
Wasn't the impact hard enough ?

16 comments:

  1. what if the road never ends, and there is no shot cut, and hen one day u realise that the path u took was probably no road at all....
    what if u suddenly tart feeling unworldly..
    and simultaneously ungodly..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call it "Life".

      When that happens, someone like me writes a post about it.

      Delete
  2. There are wolves between us all, and I guess all these old fables are only reminding us to not be fooled by those who mean us harm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly.
      That has always been the message all along.

      Delete
  3. Well considering the amount of trust issues I have, I see wolves everywhere. I don't know whether to be happy about it or worry about it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me.
      I don't know how you saw through me that I was the werewolf. :P

      That is a good thing. Because you don't get deceived that easily, I guess.

      Delete
  4. There are wild beasts and mild friends among the two-legged animals that move around us.It is us to find out who is who. Nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It will be hard, but it is for our own good.

      Delete
  5. Is there a way to see through the disguise, beforehand? Please let me know because it's going to help me big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, but there isn't one. Thats' how good they are. They blend in so perfectly that you wouldn't even know. I guess, it is better to be safe than sorry. Keep them close but also keep an eye on them.

      Delete
    2. Better said than done. I've ended up being an introvert.

      Delete
    3. And by 'Better', I meant *Easier.
      Sigh.

      Delete
    4. Well, I have always been an introvert. That's one reason for blogging.

      The key is to let let others that you are keeping an eye in them. Talk, and explore people. Some are beautiful, inside. May be he / she is just as introvert as we are. We just need to give them and let them give us a comfort zone. These kind of people font betray. Never. Ever.

      Delete
  6. Well, I don't bother about the wolves anyway. Not because I am super strong like that but because they are gonna be there anywhere. Amongst you. Why worry about it? Just deal with them as and when you have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, isn't that the only way to deal with people like them ?

      Delete
  7. Ufff...serious trust issue...hope everything is fine vd u....!!!

    Loved d starting...& even I'm bad at identifying this kind of disguised people..I guess each one US gets to experience it Atleast once..!!

    Btw....I didn't expect a to be continued at the end...!!!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |