Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Can I confess?


Can I confess, asked the mind contemplating the thoughts that evade reality. The words felt heavy, the screams louder, but there was silence all along. Why do the words evade this reality? Why is it so afraid of the light of the day? Why do they find comfort in the privy of the night, lurking in the shadows, screaming yet silent? Why not let the heart ease its pain, by letting go? The turmoil and the vigor that they hold settling in the mind with a spectacular view of the life that goes by. Life, ah paradigm of reality.

A dilemma surrounded the epiphany. And when asked about things that matter : Confusion. Fear. Ego. Desertion. "The weather is nice today, isn't it?" Evasion. Why? The insecurities haunt the monotony of revelation. The aftermath seems catastrophic, a word of which is like a domino in precise perfect position that could snowball down the slope, never to be recovered. Let go of things, they said. That is when the diary saw the fluorescent light of the night, warming up the pages with tears that hugged the words dearly, a solace in disguise, freedom to the caged bird. But let me take a shot : Love and Life !

Love ? You asked me a thousand times; I just evaded the answer. What is love but a coalition of two minds, two hearts beating in unison. No, I have never loved. I have never wanted to love. I kept that part of the heart blocked away, hidden so deep that I have lost it altogether. "So, whom do you love?" Your question resonated in my mind. "No one," I said. "I haven't found the right one," I said. You thought I lied. But, I did tell the truth. For love was something so far away for me, I never contemplated its presence around me. To be fair, I never deserved the love to love. I kept my promise to self.

"What do you want to do ? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" A question that haunted a few nights. You might have heard something climbing up the ladder, this place, that place. I had articulated a well rehearsed story, however different to each person. I lied. In my constant contemplations and searching for the answer, I have crossed a few five years and the result was not what I had expected. What did I expect? If I could articulate it in a word: nothing. If I could say it in an essay, it is still nothing. But if you insist, all I see is a limbo of darkness, a paradoxical emptiness, an abyss breathless.
_______________

This is written for #BlogChatter Prompt of the Week : Can I confess?

PS : Can I confess? I guess, I can't.
PPS: Thanks to IQ for editing and a brilliant comment. Forever in debt! :)

17 comments:

  1. Wow!! Some confession that was!! Honest and gripping. Strikes a chord with everyone's insecurities. Good one! Feeling lighter?!
    P.S : I am reading and following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! You're too kind. :D

      Haha, I said what I had been telling for a past few years. And yet, I evaded the matter at hand.

      PS : I meant, it's not something that brings back people to read more. And yes, you do follow and read. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. Has Chris Nolan called you to appoint you as his scriptwriter yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did contact my agent, I've yet to reply.

      Delete
  3. I am speechless man. This was awesome! I won't say that I managed to grasp your thought process on this because it was incredibly complex but nevertheless it was a delight to read!
    Kudos !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you. :)
      You are being too generous.
      I kind of thought no one would understand, because I have been very blunt about it.
      I am glad you like it. :)
      Thanks again. :D

      Delete
  4. These are the very thoughts that haunt my mind every night!
    Brilliance mahn, brilliance!
    If you can write so well after taking a long break, I guess you should hibernate more often! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too ? No way. It's just me, okay! And these are dangerous thoughts to be haunted by. So, don't get in that situation. Let it out, write it out, free it out.

      Why, thank you. :D

      I thought this was rather complex and no-sense post. But thanks for being so generous. :D
      I fear if I go into hibernation, I could never come back from that trance. -_-

      Delete
  5. You did so much and a smiley in the comment. Such generosity.
    Thank you very much. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow..very well written dear

    as always...!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *STANDS UP ON TABLE AND HOOTS FOR AJAY*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't deserve that, nevertheless, thank you very much. :)

      Delete
  8. These thoughts are so familiar... They suffocate me too during some lonely nights..
    Very well written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that. I know how suffocating (and kind of painful) they could be.
      And I hope that there will come a night when you sleep peacefully without any bother, ever. :)

      Thank you. :)

      Delete
  9. That's some superb writing Ajay. I am sure a lot many of us can quite easily associate with the thoughts going on in your head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Aseem. :)
      I am sure they can. But I don't think its' with the same intensity.

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |