Friday, November 13, 2015

Investigation Discovery

The Murder Mystery Guy
#SixStrangers


The dust settled finally. Though the mind had its presumptions and conclusions and they were heading towards a good way. There was an eminent doom, this day or the other. The mind has a way of assuming and concluding things. Though it didn't hurt anyone to be a little optimistic, but this pretty petty little mind had other plans, to be always worried. Eventually, after slipping out of the office and taking the wrong bus (again) and finally settled at the one coffee shop that was perhaps 3-5 miles away from my residence. Though, the people behind the coffee counter were quite friendly, unlike the I don't care guy who I was with for five days. And they even knew my order by this time. How cool is that? No discounts though? That bulky service and whatnot tax was still imposed on me.

The coffee cup went dry and the night sank into more silence and was getting darker by each minute and I had five miles to cover. Thankfully, I knew the way and I never got the pleasure of using the Google Maps after the first few days. As I talked to myself back to my guest house, I had a feeling I won't like what I would see when I reach my room. I had enjoyed the solitude for the past one week, enjoying the space for two people and walking around naked (not exactly but still). I crossed my fingers just in case. Turns out, the fingers crossed doesn't work. Dammit. 

There was a bag and neatly arranged bed and a pair of shoes. It was safe to say that it wasn't my bed nor were the shoes mine, because my bed ain't tidy and I was wearing my shoes, but no one was around. Dinner. Yes, it was dinner time already. Though I had enough coffee and cake for the night and my dinner was served along with the five mile walk. I got freshened up asap and fired up my laptop. That is my involuntary response after I reach my room. Yes, I pity my laptop too. I was trying to get my vibe back. A couple of days before anything of this happened, I had a very good vibe and I was getting pretty decent ideas to write and words were just pouring out. And since the knowledge of this transition, to new place and work, just put me in a different position and I lost that so called vibe somewhere. So, I was reading to get that jibe back, just as then the door opens and a five foot, a little bulky figure walks in. I look up to find the figure moving towards its bed and setting it up. But this time he did introduce himself. After the exchange of formalities and why I got stuck here and why he came, it came to a halt when there was nothing more to discuss about, for that night. And he continued watching TV and I got back to my reading whatever that I was reading.


It really gets awkward when there are no topics to talk about. Eventually, people start talking about their interests. Apparently, this gentleman was watching only one channel for the past two days. So, our new friend was a mystery loving guy and add murder to the word mystery and he is like a moth to the fire. Basically, it is an investigative sort of show which went by the name of ID (Investigation Discovery) where people show the real life murders and enact what had happened as the victims/people involved narrate their story. This guy is a big fan of that and whenever he gets a chance, he starts telling a story about what he say the other day, what he saw before I came back from office. It was going non stop from there. I had no idea what to say after a few 'oh', 'oh really?'s' and plastered that interested -inquisitive- so-what-happened-next look. I never knew there were muscles / nerves that would twitch after a certain point of time. I was more concerned about maintaining that look than listening to what he was saying. Thank god, there wasn't a viva at the end of the story. After he had finished narrating his story, that show would eventually come up on the TV, because it is run on repeat the whole day. Though at the end of the week, there were no more murder mystery stories. His tenure was over. And I was still counting my days as of when I might get out of that place.
_______________

#Kolkata, #KolkataDiaries, #People, #Murder, #Mystery, #InvestigationDiscovery, #Day13

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |