Saturday, April 2, 2016

Yesterday. #Z2AChallenge


"Today is the tomorrow, you dreamed of yesterday".
- ak
__________

Dear Yesterday, 

I don't know where to begin. Let me start by saying this that I am glad to have outlived you. Oh, I am sorry, I am terribly sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But everyone told me to move on, that there is always a tomorrow and and that the grass will be greener, the birds a little chirpier, the sun a little warm, the wind a little more pleasant and all those good things which were supposed to happen will happen.  I just floated in the boat that everyone so happily jumped into. I was glad I did because I felt that there was still some hope. Well, that's what everybody kept telling me. I just felt that it will take its course and that sharp turn in the stream will be a turning point for me.

Oh, come on now, please stop crying. What I actually meant to say is I miss you. There you go, I see a smile somewhere there. Thats' better. I will admit it, I really miss you. I wasn't looking forward for a brand new day. You see they lied. That sharp turn which I thought would be a turning point, turns out it was. No wait, hear me out. It turned me upside down and I am, off the course completely lost right now. You know how difficult it is to keep in lieu of the new days, the todays, the tomorrows. These days are so uncertain that I sometimes even have nightmares. Believe me, I have had sleepless nights about what the new day would bring to the table.

So, before anyone would put forth their idea of what an incredibly great today and a great life they are living and how each day is a bliss, I would agree with you too because I believe you. It's your life and you have a right to have an opinion on your life, however splendid or otherwise it may be. You like it, you are happy about it and it's all that matters. So, you will be looking forward to your wonderful today and a even better tomorrow. But there are some rotten tomatoes. 

The problem with yesterday is that people discard it as something we can't do anything about. Some leave it with great memories, while some with bitter. "It was in the past"... "It happened a long time ago", "It was a bad day" - We have either learned to just forget about it. Or better, learn from the past. I would really want to take the latter one into limelight. 

Learn from the past, is something every one us do. First of all, we are not an experts at knowing what life is, what we are supposed to do and what our actions will lead us to. There is no rulebook, per say. It is basically a trail and error method. So, when people say learn from the past, its' basically that each bitter experience gives us something to learn and use the so gained experience to avoid any such in the future, the today and the tomorrows to come. Of all the yesterday(s), this is the only good thing I see. Well, there are memories too. Memories are cherished always. Th bitter ones are the experience, the better ones are something we talk about over coffee tables (or tea ifyou are a tea person) or tell it to the grandkids.

Tomorrow (why bother) : I will do this. I will do that.
Yesterday (why bother) : I should have done this. I should have done that.
Today (why bother) : I am doing this and also that.

We see a difference in the tone, don't we? So what does yesterday offer us? A chance to learn, a chance to remember the good, a chance to improve ourselves, a chance to be a better person. So, take a cue and take that shot at being that better person you had always wished to be.

Every today will a yesterday and the power is to you. The power to make that today, this day the best, so you can have a better yesterday. Tomorrow is a bit far and lets not dwell too much into the future. But today is passing by. Look around. Let it sink in and feel the air. Live in the moment as you feel the symphony of your breaths. Enjoy and get busy living.

So, dear yesterday, I haven't forgotten you yet. Remember I said I really miss you. That's because, I wanted to be a part of you, I still do, everyday. Just you and me, in the yesterday. Hopefully, one day we will meet and stay together for eternity, until we are completely forgotten.

Until that yesterday.

Yours' truly
ak
__________________

There is a world that rhymes when you sing.
- ak


#Z2AChallenge , because I can spell the alphabets in reverse!

8 comments:

  1. I really loved the Quote . I agree We cannot run away from Past as It will always be a part of Our life whether we like it or not. But it doesn't mean that we always need to carry it along us. We definitely Learn from it but need not worry about changing it as it beyond our Ability.Every Yesterday was once today and Today will be yesterday tomorrow . Well Written .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you Anoosha! :D

      I completely agree with you. Past is a treasure trove with all the lessons.

      Thank you once again. :)

      Delete
  2. Present is all we have. But the past is a treasure of learnings and beautiful memories that one should always cherish. By the way, I didnt know there was a Z to A challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Present and the future.
      And yes, past is a treasure chest full of memories and learnings.

      There isn't. I created one. I am the only one doing it.

      And, thanks for dropping by. :D

      Delete
  3. Heheh. Love your style! I remember some people do the Z to A after the AtoZ finishes! Love the quote at the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, Thank you. :D

      Oh, I didn't know about that. I thought I was the one who was going in the opposite direction.
      Thank you for dropping by. :D

      Delete
  4. Sigh. Only if we really learnt from yesterday's mistakes and not repeat them.
    No, no, I'm not referring to some deep gashes in the past. Currently, I'm just thinking about all those exams I hardly read for and continue to do the same :P
    I wish I learnt from my horrible grades.
    P.S. Is that so? I would love to be in such a world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.
      Wait, what horrible grades?

      Yes, it is so. You already are.

      Delete

So, what do you think ?

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
| Writer | Photographer | Split Personality Disorder | Foodie | Music | Art | God-Fearing Atheist | Movies | Golf | Soccer | Dance | Mentally Stable Sociopath |